It’s a really easy process; I will walk you through it step-by-step.
So if you want to make Spotify your go-to music player, let’s get started!
How To Set Spotify As Default Music Player? To make Spotify your default music player app, head to your device’s settings. On Android, go to Apps > Default Apps > Music Player and select Spotify. On iOS, go to Settings > Music > Default Service and choose Spotify. On Windows, select Spotify as default in Settings > Apps > Default Apps. On Mac, go to System Preferences > General and pick Spotify under “Default audio player”. Now music links and commands will automatically open in Spotify. Setting this ensures Spotify launches to handle all music playback.
How to Set Spotify as Default Music Player
Some people have difficulties using it as Spotify’s default music player on many devices. Hopefully, this article will help you solve some of these problems and make the experience enjoyable.
You may also read Buy Spotify Premium with a Gift Card
How to Set Spotify as Default Music Player Windows 10
Windows 10 offers numerous ways to manage your default settings, and one of the more popular options is to set Spotify as your default music player.
While there are a few different methods, we’ll outline the steps for setting Spotify as your default music player using the Windows 10 Settings app.
- Click the Settings app on the Start menu and select the cog icon. From here, click on ” Apps.”
- On the apps settings page, scroll down to the “Default apps” section and click “Music player.”
- A pop-up window will appear with a list of all the available music players on your computer. Select “Spotify” from this list and click “OK” to confirm your changes.
You may also read How To Download Spotify Songs to MP3
How to Set Spotify as Default Music Player Windows 11
If you are Windows 11 user and want to set a Spotify default music player.
Follow this quick guide on how to do it.
- First, open the Settings app by clicking the Start button and selecting the cog icon.
- Next, click on System and select Default apps from the left-hand menu. Scroll down to the “Music player” section and click on the Spotify entry.
That’s it! From now on, all your Music will play through Spotify by default.
You may also read How to Download Spotify Songs without Premium
How to Set Spotify as Default Music Player Android
Do you want to know, how to set the music player on a Spotify Android phone?
If so, you’re lucky – it’s pretty simple. Just follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your phone and tap “Apps & notifications.”
- Next, tap “Default apps.”
- Then, under the “Music player” heading, tap Spotify.
- You may be prompted to grant the app permission to become your default music player – tap “Allow.”
From now on, it will automatically open on Spotify whenever you play a music file or open a link to a song.
How to Set Spotify as Default Music Player on iPhone
Are you an iPhone user and a Spotify subscriber as well?
You’ve probably noticed that Apple’s built-in music app is still the default player when you click on a song or artist on your device.
It’s easy to set Spotify’s default music player on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app and scroll down to the “Spotify” option. Tap it to open the Spotify settings page.
- Next, scroll down to the “Default Player” setting and tap it. Finally, select “Spotify” from the list of options.
Now all of your Music will play through Spotify by default.
You may also read How To Renew Spotify Premium On iPhone
How to Make Spotify Default Music Player on iPhone in Car?
Anyone who’s ever driven with an iPhone knows it can be a pain to get it to work with your car’s infotainment system.
Most cars have some built-in entertainment system, but not all are compatible with the iPhone.
Fortunately, there is a way to make your iPhone work seamlessly with your car’s infotainment system, and it’s pretty simple.
All you need to do is make Spotify your default music player. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap “Music.”
- Tap “Library.”
- Tap “Default Player.”
- Select “Spotify” from the list of options
That’s all there is to it! When you get in your car and connect your iPhone to the infotainment system, Spotify will automatically start playing.
You may also read How to Upgrade to Spotify Premium on iPhone
How to Set Spotify as Default Music Player on Mac
You might be surprised that you can set Spotify as your default music player on your Mac computer. Doing so is easy and only takes a few steps.
- First, open the Spotify app. Next, click on the “Spotify” menu in the top left corner of the screen and select “Preferences.”
- Then, click on the “Advanced” tab.
- In the Advanced settings, check the box next to “Set Spotify as my default music player.”
- Once you’ve made your changes, click “OK” to save them.
Now, whenever you click on a music file or track in your Mac’s Finder app, it will automatically open on Spotify.
How to Set Spotify as Default Music Player iOS 14
If you use an iPhone or iPad running iOS 14, you can also set Spotify default player. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and scroll down to the Music section.
- Tap the button next to Default Music Player and select Spotify from the list of options.
That’s it! Now, it will automatically open on Spotify whenever you play audio from another app.
How to Set Spotify as Default Music Player iOS 15
One of the new features in iOS 15 is the ability to set a default music player.
When you ask Siri to play a song, it will automatically open in your preferred music app.
If you use Spotify as your primary music player, there are a few steps you’ll need to follow to set it as your default.
- First, open the Settings app and scroll down to Music.
- Next, tap on the “Default Music Player” option and select Spotify from the list.
- You may also need to toggle on the “Allow Siri to Control Spotify” switch for this to work properly.
Once you’ve followed these steps, your music-related requests will automatically open on Spotify.
How to Set Spotify as Default Music Player Samsung
Set it as your default music player if you have a Samsung phone.
Here’s how to do it:
- Get the Spotify app on your phone and tap the menu icon in the top-left corner. Then tap Settings.
- Scroll down to the Advanced settings section and toggle the switch next to “Open Spotify automatically after system startup.”
- It will ensure that Spotify starts up whenever you turn on your phone.
- Next, go to your phone’s settings and tap the Applications manager. Tap the All tab and find the Spotify app. Tap it and then tap “Clear defaults.”
- It will reset any existing default settings for Spotify so that you can start fresh.
- Finally, go back to the Applications manager and tap the Home button. It will bring up a list of apps that can be set as the default home screen app. Tap Spotify and then tap “Set as default.”
Now, whenever you tap on a music file, it will open in Spotify instead of your phone’s built-in music player.
How to Set Spotify as Default Music Player Google Assistant
Google Assistant is a handy voice assistant that can do many things, such as setting alarms, adding items to your shopping list, and playing Music.
If you’re a Spotify user, you’ll be happy to know that you can set Spotify as your default music player on Google Assistant. Here’s how:
- Click the Google Assistant app and tap the ‘Music’ icon.
- Next, tap the ‘Settings’ cog and scroll down to ‘Default music provider.’
- Tap on this option and select ‘Spotify.’
- You’ll then be asked to sign in to your Spotify account.
- Once you’re signed in, you’re all set! When you ask Google Assistant to play Music, it will automatically start playing from Spotify.
How to Set Spotify as Default Music Player Google Home
One of the great things about Spotify is that you can use it as your default music player on Google Home.
It means you can ask Google to play a specific song, album, artist, or playlist from Spotify without saying “on Spotify.
Here’s how to set Spotify as your default music player on Google Home:
- Open the Google Home app and tap the Devices icon in the top right corner.
- Locate the device you want to change the default music player for and tap on it.
- In the device settings, scroll down to the Music section and tap Default music provider.
- From there, select Spotify as your default music player.
Once you’ve done that, you need to ask Google to play your favorite songs, albums, artists, or playlists from Spotify, and it will start playing automatically!
How to Set Spotify as Default Music Player on Alexa
Luckily, there’s a way to set Spotify as your default music player on Alexa, which means you won’t have to specify “on Spotify” every time you want to play a song. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Alexa app on your mobile device and go to the settings section.
- Under “Music & Podcasts,” select “Spotify.”
- You may need to sign in with your Spotify credentials if you still need to do so.
- Once signed in, go back to the settings section and select “Default Services.” From there, you should see an option to set Spotify as your default music player.
When you ask Alexa to play a song, it automatically searches for it on Spotify.
How to Set Spotify as Default Music Player on Homepod
If you’re a Spotify fan and recently purchased a Homepod, you’ll want to set Spotify as your default music player. Luckily, it’s easy to do. Here’s how:
- First, open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad. Then, tap the Add Accessory button in the top right corner.
- Next, select your Homepod and follow the prompts to set it up. Once it’s all setup, please tap on the Settings icon.
- Now, scroll down and tap Music. From there, select Spotify as your default music player.
That’s all there is to it! Now you can enjoy all your favorite Spotify tunes on your new Homepod speaker.
The Bottom Line
So there you have it! How to set Spotify as your default music player on both desktop and various mobile devices.
We hope this article was helpful and informative. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to share them with us below. Thanks for reading!
You Can Also Read: