This frustrating issue can interrupt your listening experience and prevent you from discovering your favorite mood-boosting tracks while creating a group session on Spotify using your PC.
If you’re encountering the Spotify black screen error, don’t worry, as we’ve got you covered. In this guideline, we’ll provide you with a detailed explanation of why this happens and what you can do to fix it.
So, if you’re tired of encountering the “Spotify something went wrong try reloading the page” error or experiencing a black screen while enjoying your music, read on for our helpful tips and tricks to keep the music playing uninterrupted. And if you’re interested in sharing your music experience with others, we’ll show you how to do that too.
Lastly, if you’re searching for a modded version of Spotify, known as Spotify Mod APK, we advise caution as it is not an official app and may pose risks to your device’s security.
How to Fix Spotify Black Screen? If Spotify shows only a black screen, try force quitting then reopening the app. On desktop, restart your computer. Update to the latest version of Spotify and your device software. Disable any ad blockers temporarily. Check for VPN/proxy or connectivity issues. Lower graphics settings if using the desktop app. Reinstall Spotify as a last resort. A black screen typically means a crash, so fully restarting Spotify usually resolves it.
How To Fix Spotify Black Screen
Trying to find a way to fix Spotify, but all that appears is a black screen. Outdated Spotify app versions and problems with Internet connectivity can cause a Spotify black screen.
To select Spotify,
- Check to ensure Spotify is up-to-date and the correct version for your device. If it isn’t, update Spotify from your app store.
- Disconnect any third-party software, such as ad blockers or VPNs, as these can limit access to Spotify.
- Check the speed of your Internet connection or try running Spotify on an alternate link or device, even if it means using your phone hotspot or another Wi-Fi network for the time being.
With these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to resolve Spotify’s black screen issue in no time!
You may also read How To Rearrange Songs On Spotify Playlist
Spotify Black Screen Windows 10
Spotify Black Screen is a common problem for users of Spotify on Windows 10. An outdated Spotify app, corrupted cache files, or incorrect credentials can cause it.
Fortunately, we can resolve the issue quickly with a few troubleshooting steps.
- Try restarting your computer and re-launching Spotify;
- Check to ensure Spotify is updated to the newest version.
- Clearing the cache and verifying your login credentials may be necessary steps to get Spotify operating normally again.
You may also read Spotify Lyrics not Showing – How to Fix in Easy Steps
Spotify Black Screen Windows 11
Spotify is one of the most popular and widely used music streaming platforms. However, some Windows 11 users reported having Spotify crash and display a Spotify black screen when attempting to use it.
- Outdated graphics drivers or incorrect application settings often cause this issue.,
- It’s recommended that users check they have all of their Windows system updates installed and that they’re running the latest version of Spotify and keeping their graphics drivers up-to-date.
If all else fails, reinstalling Spotify should fix any Spotify black screen issues on Windows 11 devices.
You may also read How To Fix Firewall Blocking Spotify Error
Spotify Black Screen Mac
Spotify Black Screen is an issue that many Mac users experience. It can be incredibly frustrating and could make listening to your favorite music or podcast difficult.
- If you’re sharing Spotify Black Screen, the best thing to do is close Spotify completely, then restart your Mac.
- You may need to reinstall Spotify if these steps don’t work.
- After restarting your mac, try opening Spotify again and see if it works this time – it should!
It’s important to remember that if you often use Spotify, updating your Mac can help prevent this issue from occurring.
You may also read How To Change Username On Spotify [Multiple Devices Guide]
Spotify Black Screen Ubuntu
Spotify users who run the Ubuntu OS may encounter trouble in the form of a Spotify black screen. Thankfully, Spotify and Ubuntu do have solutions for this issue.
- Users should check if their graphic card driver is up to date, as outdated drivers can cause Spotify black screens.
- Spotify also suggests reinstalling the actual Spotify application, which can revive many instances of faulty Spotify performance.
- Although troubleshooting can be pesky, updating your software can fix the issue quickly!
Spotify Black Screen iPhone
Spotify Black Screen on iPhone has been an increasing issue reported by Spotify users. It typically occurs when Spotify runs in the background and manifests through a black screen covering the lower half of the display. The Spotify app is unaffected.
However, no music will play until the screen is dismissed by attempting to minimize it or exiting Spotify and restarting the app. Until Spotify’s engineer crafts a more permanent fix to this issue can use rudimentary techniques to avoid or dissipate Spotify Black Screen on your iPhone.
You may also read Recover Spotify Account With Phone Number Step-by-Step Guide
Spotify Black Screen Android
Spotify users on Android devices might be familiar with the Spotify black screen issue. It affects users when they open their Spotify app, and instead of the typical Spotify home screen, all they see is a blank, black screen. It can be an extremely frustrating experience, but thankfully, you can try a few potential fixes if you find yourself stuck in this situation.
- Check your internet connection and ensure it is stable before trainspotter fixes it.
- Restarting Spotify or resetting your cache can also restore access to Spotify without taking more drastic steps like deleting and reinstalling the app.
You may also read How To Log Out Of Spotify On All Devices
Spotify Web Player Showing Black Screen
Spotify users have been reporting a frustrating issue; the Spotify web player appears to be stuck on a black screen, preventing them from accessing their music library.
- Online conflicts or technical glitches usually cause such problems.
- Spotify encourages its users to start immediately and attempt simple troubleshooting before seeking help.
- A user must start by closing any window other than Spotify before refreshing the page, and if this doesn’t work, they should try logging out and then back into Spotify.
If none of these steps can resolve the issue, users can contact Spotify support directly for further assistance regarding Spotify Web Player showing a black screen.
You may also read Spotify Password Reset Not Working (Ultimate Guide ) Here’s What To Do?
Spotify Black Screen On Tv
A black screen on your TV when using the Spotify app is a common problem many users face. It often happens when the connection to the internet or network is slow or unreliable, which causes the Spotify app to crash and display a black screen. However, there are a few solutions to this issue.
- Ensure you have a strong internet connection and that your device is up to date with the latest software version.
- Try restarting both your device and streaming service before relaunching Spotify.
- If these steps don’t resolve the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your TV.
You may also read Spotify++ Ipa Latest Version iOS/APK 15/16 Premium Free
Ps5 Spotify Black Screen
Are you experiencing a black screen while playing music through Spotify on your PlayStation 5? It could be due to an outdated app version, server issues from Spotify, or poor network connectivity.
To fix this issue:
- Try updating your understanding of the Spotify app and any firmware updates for your PS5 console.
- Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is strong and reliable by disconnecting and reconnecting devices to reset them.
If these steps do not solve the issue, contact support for more help.
Spotify Wrapped Black Screen
Spotify Wrapped Black Screen: If you see a black screen when trying to view your wrapped data on Spotify, it’s likely caused by outdated software versions or an unreliable internet connection.
- To fix this issue, update your device (phone/tablet) and streaming service (Spotify).
- Check for any server problems from Spotify by checking their website for outage notices.
- Ensure all devices connected to Wi-Fi are working properly by disconnecting and reconnecting them to reset them.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, then contact support for further assistance in resolving this problem.
Spotify Car Thing Black Screen
If you’re using Spotify on a car’s entertainment system, you may experience a black screen when the app is opened.
It is usually due to a compatibility issue between the systems and can be resolved by updating the car’s software or checking for any compatibility issues.
Ensure your phone and car are connected to a reliable internet connection, as this could also be causing the black screen.
You may also read Carthing.Spotify.Con Updated Guide
Spotify Chromecast Black Screen
Spotify Chromecast Black Screen: When using Spotify with Chromecast, you may encounter a black screen when casting audio or video on your TV.
- An outdated version of the Spotify app or an obsolete firmware version of Chromecast typically causes it.
- To fix this issue, make sure to keep both apps up-to-date and ensure that they’re compatible with each other.
Spotify Podcast Black Screen
Spotify Podcast Black Screen: When trying to listen to podcasts on Spotify, some users may experience a black screen instead of the podcast content they expect.
- It generally happens due to an out-of-date app version or a poor internet connection in the area where it’s being used.
- To avoid this issue, ensure your app is updated regularly, and you have a strong network signal when streaming podcasts from Spotify.
Spotify Desktop App Black Screen
Spotify Desktop App Black Screen: The black screen on the Spotify desktop app can occur when there is an issue with the app loading properly. Usually, this is due to a connection or configuration problem, such as a poor or unstable internet connection or an outdated version of the Spotify app installed on your device.
To resolve this issue,
- Check your internet connection first and ensure it’s stable and fast enough for streaming music.
- You should update the Spotify app to the latest version to ensure all its features work properly.
Spotify App Launching On A Black Screen
Spotify App Launching on a Black Screen: This issue can happen if there is a conflict between two different versions of Spotify running simultaneously. It can also be caused by corrupt data in your device’s memory, which might prevent the app from launching properly.
To resolve this issue,
- You should close any other open versions of Spotify and delete any redundant files or folders associated with the app in your device’s memory.
- After doing this, you should restart your device and try launching the app again.
Spotify Login Black Screen
Spotify Login Black Screen: This issue usually occurs when an incorrect username or password is entered during login attempts. It may also be related to incorrect server settings in some cases.
To fix this problem,
- Double-check that all login information is correct before logging in again.
- You should change your account settings to use another server instead of the one causing issues.
If none of these solutions work for you, contact Spotify’s customer support team to resolve this issue.
People Ask Questions
Why Is My Spotify Showing A Black Screen?
The black screen on Spotify during song playback can be caused by poor internet connection, outdated app version, or app glitches. Restarting the device, updating the app, and checking Wi-Fi stability can fix the issue. If not, reinstalling the app or contacting customer support may help.
Why Does My Spotify App Keep Showing A Black Screen Even After Trying The Suggested Fixes?
If the suggested fixes do not resolve the Spotify black screen issue, it may indicate a more serious underlying problem with your device’s hardware or software. In this case, you may need to contact your device’s manufacturer or seek technical assistance.
Can I Prevent The Spotify Black Screen Issue From Happening In The Future?
You can take some preventive measures to reduce the likelihood of experiencing the Spotify black screen issue, such as regularly updating your device’s software and apps, avoiding installing conflicting apps or plugins and using a stable internet connection.
With this practical guide, you now know why your Spotify screens go black and have some working solutions to try out. We have many options, from updating and reinstalling the app to rebooting your device! If you’ve tried all these actions and still can’t get rid of the dreaded screen, don’t despair! Consult the official Spotify help center for immediate help or explore other resources on Spotify’s website. And never forget – always stay positive, embrace the journey, and keep discovering new music!
We hope this guide gave you a better understanding of tackling black screens on Spotify so that you can continue listening uninterrupted. Until next time – happy streaming!